Screensnark Forums

Full Version: 2016 NFL Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
this is nuts
putting on a show.
That is the most insane thing I've ever seen
fuckin fuck
Dont want to kick a fg and go up by 11 with 4 to go? You earn a loss. Gotta give the Patriots credit for taking advantage of ATLs dumb coaching. Does anybody learn from Seattles mistake?
It was a bad play call and also a bad reaction by Matt Ryan. On the coaching side I get that you want your star QB to be in control of the situation, but for the love of God throw the damn ball away if you're under pressure like that. Not sure if it was inexperience or what, but that's gonna sting for awhile.
[Image: jTEuo2z.png]
(02-06-2017 09:05 AM)Pharon Wrote: [ -> ]It was a bad play call and also a bad reaction by Matt Ryan. On the coaching side I get that you want your star QB to be in control of the situation, but for the love of God throw the damn ball away if you're under pressure like that. Not sure if it was inexperience or what, but that's gonna sting for awhile.

I don't have as much a problem with the play as I do with Davonta's fucking shitty block effort. Of course, if they knew that's how he blocked then I agree they should have just run the ball. They had a comfortable lead and what's wrong with going with what you do best? It was too early to be thinking, "let's be safe and go for a field goal." Hell, Jones only had 4 targets the entire fucking game.

While I'm ranting, I'm not going to slam Brady because he gets it done. But, if either of those shitty tosses actually gets intercepted like they should have (and I think there was a 3rd one) and Edelman doesn't make that school yard catch amidst 3 players, one of whom's shin saved the ball from touching the ground, he likely doesn't get the win. He was lucky. Very lucky and you'd all be sitting here sniping at him for making rookie throws.
Luck doesn't even begin to cover it. The Pats didn't score a touchdown for the first 43 minutes of the game. The pick-6 was unconscionable. I wish I could say that they were playing terrible, but they weren't, really -- Atlanta's defense was unbelievable, and Matt Ryan was getting it done on his end, too. Granted, Brady's accuracy was off and their run game was atrocious in the first half. They needed every single thing to go right in the 4th quarter to pull off that win, and miraculously, that's what happened. I still can't believe it.

But let's be honest -- most Super Bowl wins this close boil down to some semblance of luck/fate going that way. (*cough* helmet catch *cough*)
[Image: ACgxVI6.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Reference URL's