Screensnark Forums

Full Version: 2016 NFL Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
That's why I'd rather play Atlanta. Not really worried about either of them, though, to be honest. Both pretty mediocre teams this year.

Brady hasn't been cold since week 10, either. Just FYI.
(01-17-2017 02:04 PM)Pharon Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I'd rather play Atlanta. Not really worried about either of them, though, to be honest. Both pretty mediocre teams this year.

Brady hasn't been cold since week 10, either. Just FYI.

You played shit teams most of the year. Who challenged you who was decent? The Steelers, Dolphins and Seattle each had 10 wins and Seattle beat you.

Pretty easy to say you're not worried about mediocre teams when you didn't play anybody all season to go 14-2. C'mon, 49ers, Jets, Browns, Rams, Cardinals??

GB played the following who had winning records.....
Atl
Seattle
Houston
Detroit (2x)
Dallas
Ten
NY Giants
Washington

6 of them were playoff teams. 6. How many playoff teams did NE play? Miami, Houston, Seattle, Pitt. 4.

MN and Indy were 8-8. So 11 of GB's games were with teams who didn't have losing records.

But, like you say, there's this weekend to concentrate on. And I didn't see GB winning in Dallas.
NE beat 6 teams with winning records, 4 (as you say) that were playoff teams. GB had +3/+2 more, respectively. Uh, so?

It's not like you get a choice or a crystal ball on which teams are gonna be tougher than others before the season starts. Not really sure what you're getting at with this stat.

Not that any of it matters anyway -- at this point in the playoffs, all teams are playing at the top of their game (or at least still managing to win), and relatively speaking, all games should be tough here on out.

I guess my only point with the "not worried" comment was just that I think the Pats are pretty well rounded this year, with no glaringly obvious flaws like they've had in years past. And while GB is obviously good, they're not some perceived unstoppable powerhouse like Carolina was last year, etc. If it does end up being NE and GB in the Superbowl (nice 20 year anniversary rematch that the press will have a field day with, btw), I think it will be an astounding game. When you've got two future HoF QB's going against each other, they usually are.

Which is why I'd rather face Matt Ryan, given the choice. Though that matchup would hardly be a gimmie, either.

Not sure how good Big Ben will be this weekend, but I hope he chokes on a bag of dicks.
Raiders v Cowboys Superbowl!!!
(01-17-2017 10:19 PM)Wino Wrote: [ -> ]Raiders v Cowboys Superbowl!!!

That was so 2016.
Coming to Super Bowl LII
Raiders have officially filed papers to relocate to Las Vegas.
(01-19-2017 01:41 PM)Wino Wrote: [ -> ]Raiders have officially filed papers to relocate to Las Vegas.

Aren't you taking 52.1's announcement job away? ;-)

I'm really excited about this. I hope the experience from location, to traffic, to everything is top notch. I know the NFL wouldn't allow this, but how cool would it be to have rentable card rooms at the suite level where you could play and watch?
Also, did you see that the NFL officially stated that the Refs blew that 12th man-huddle call against the Cowboys?

Total bullshit. That changed the entire momentum for the Cowboys who lost a 22 yard catch, suffered a 15 yard penalty and had to punt AFTER they were in FG range. Yes, the Pack was able to move offensively at will, but this was a big deal and changed the landscape. I don't usually pinpoint one play or series like this, but that was HUGE.

FUCKING REFS.
(01-19-2017 05:43 PM)Snowsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]Also, did you see that the NFL officially stated that the Refs blew that 12th man-huddle call against the Cowboys?

Total bullshit. That changed the entire momentum for the Cowboys who lost a 22 yard catch, suffered a 15 yard penalty and had to punt AFTER they were in FG range. Yes, the Pack was able to move offensively at will, but this was a big deal and changed the landscape. I don't usually pinpoint one play or series like this, but that was HUGE.

FUCKING REFS.

If that call happened in the 4th quarter, Id agree someahat, but it happened too early to have that big of an impact.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Reference URL's