Screensnark Forums

Full Version: 2016 NFL Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(01-23-2017 12:00 PM)Pharon Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing would make me happier than seeing that piece of shit Goodell have to hand over the Lombardi to Kraft, Belichick, and Brady. I get hard just thinking about it.

The thing is Goodell doens't give two shits. He makes a shit ton of money and he proceeds as he sees fit. Sometimes for the fans. Kraft knew Goodell had to do it and they are best buddies; and Belicheat couldn't care less. Brady was a bitch about the whole process and it's all in the past.

Goodell will smile because the NFL made a shit load more money with the Patriots in the Superbowl than if it was Atlanta vs. Chiefs.
If you think Goodell doesnt' care, then you haven't been paying attention. He's been ducking Patriots games for two years, and it's no accident. Spygate was a pissing contest between him and Belichick, and Deflategate was just an extension of that. Neither of those incidents were acknowledge-worthy, nevermind fine/suspension-worthy. Goodell has deep ties with the Jets, has always had a hard on for the Pats, and has the temperament of a 4-year old child.
I think we should request that the NFL suspends Brady for the first four games of every season. Give the old man a shorter season and make him good and mad by the time he does get to play.

Plus, we get the joy of listening to imbeciles pick teams other than the Patriots to win the AFC East.

Shit, make it five games next year.
(01-24-2017 09:22 AM)Phil Theehor Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should request that the NFL suspends Brady for the first four games of every season. Give the old man a shorter season and make him good and mad by the time he does get to play.

Plus, we get the joy of listening to imbeciles pick teams other than the Patriots to win the AFC East.

Shit, make it five games next year.

If you're schedule is as soft next year as this years, hell, don't play him at all until January.
(01-24-2017 10:43 AM)52.1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're schedule is as soft next year as this years, hell, don't play him at all until January.

Looks like next year's opponents should be tougher:

Quote:2017 New England Patriots Opponents

HOME: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Kansas City, LA Chargers, Atlanta, Carolina, Houston
AWAY: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Denver, Oakland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-17/2017-n...hedule.php
Yeah, but you never know and like you said, it's luck of the draw really.
(01-24-2017 10:54 AM)Pharon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2017 10:43 AM)52.1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're schedule is as soft next year as this years, hell, don't play him at all until January.

Looks like next year's opponents should be tougher:

Quote:2017 New England Patriots Opponents

HOME: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Kansas City, LA Chargers, Atlanta, Carolina, Houston
AWAY: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Denver, Oakland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-17/2017-n...hedule.php

That looks like 13-3. 7-1 at home, 6-2 on the road.
It looks like 15-1 or 16-0 with Atlanta being the wild card. What a bull-fucking-shit schedule.
(01-25-2017 03:27 PM)Snowsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like 15-1 or 16-0 with Atlanta being the wild card. What a bull-fucking-shit schedule.

Compared to who?

7 games against playoff teams, 2 others against teams with winning records; Bills/Jets 4 games there's no choice (division opponents), and that only leaves 3 other easy games (LA, NO, Carolina).

Not that next year will play out that way, but if you're looking for a measuring bar, I'm sure there are teams with easier schedules next season. Like Houston, for example.
An attorney friend just called me offering up 2 sideline club level seats for SB. Asking 10K per seat. About a grand below face value for package through NFL. Tickets include a bunch of perks beyond the seats. Pre game party, post game field access and performance tickets to Bruno Mars. Told him I'd get back to him later today.

We're invited to a party Sunday at this friends house. He just moved into a new house they built that ran him $4.5MM. We're told that there is to be a surprise guest coming to the party. I really want to go to the game but I don't want to miss this party either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Reference URL's