Screensnark Forums

Full Version: Concert Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(07-17-2014 08:39 PM)noman Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2014 03:44 PM)Gary_Busey Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, definitely not as big as ACL, but the girlfriend wanted to see King Diamond and Judas Priest.

Man this is downtown Austin, finish the day and hit the town. I really wanna be there.

For sure, we'll be staying with my college friend who lives in downtown near the Paramount.
Stood in the front row in 90+ degree awfulness to see some awesome rock on Saturday.

Mary Timony

[Image: 1B3Jam7.jpg?1]

Bob Mould (with Jason Narducy on bass and Jon Wurster on drums)

[Image: xgLcXLQ.jpg?1]

Caribou (returned to the set of "The Leftovers" after the show was over)

[Image: KqvzIxw.jpg]

Teenage Fanclub

[Image: D2cDVS8.jpg?1]
Wait, what the fuck? I was there too. Can't notify a brother when you're in town?
Greatly looking forward to this.
[Image: AidanKnightZerbinSlamDunk-Squamish2014-300x216.jpg]
woot, The Roots!
I'm not a big fan of this mass camping amongst the collective idiocy that goes along with these events. I doubt I'll be getting any sleep there with that to contend with.
(07-28-2014 05:46 PM)Nuke Wrote: [ -> ]Stood in the front row in 90+ degree awfulness to see some awesome rock on Saturday.

Mary Timony

[Image: 1B3Jam7.jpg?1]

Bob Mould (with Jason Narducy on bass and Jon Wurster on drums)

[Image: xgLcXLQ.jpg?1]

Caribou (returned to the set of "The Leftovers" after the show was over)

[Image: KqvzIxw.jpg]

Teenage Fanclub

[Image: D2cDVS8.jpg?1]

Obviously, the music was great. Aside from the heat, it was actually a good venue. Pretty disappointed with the food and beer offerings though. They had 1 food truck and 1 brewery. Given the amount of good local breweries and food trucks, it sucks that they didn't put more thought into this. We ended up walking back to our friend's house and cooling off/drinking for a bit before coming back.
(07-29-2014 08:05 PM)Gary_Busey Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously, the music was great. Aside from the heat, it was actually a good venue. Pretty disappointed with the food and beer offerings though. They had 1 food truck and 1 brewery. Given the amount of good local breweries and food trucks, it sucks that they didn't put more thought into this. We ended up walking back to our friend's house and cooling off/drinking for a bit before coming back.

I really really really wanted to see Bob Mould and Neutral Milk Hotel up close. We got to the venue around 2pm and I managed to grab a piece of the front railing right before Bob Mould and I held it until the end of the show. 6 straight hours...I'm definitely getting too old for this shit.

My wife bought us some noodles from the Lantern tent (Mac McCaughan's wife runs that restaurant). They were pretty good but pretty spicy (not a good combo considering how fucking hot it was). Luckily the sun hid behind the stage around the time Bob Mould went up.

We were supposed to fly into RDU on Wednesday afternoon, but Newark cancelled our connecting flight and we had to instead fly out on Thursday. I missed the Lambchop show, which was one of the main events I wanted to see. Fucking United. Consolation prize: my wife and I won two of the Squarespace limited edition vinyl records. Squarespace recorded three different artists over the weekend (William Tyler, The Clientele, and David Kilgour) and made 25 vinyl records of each. So we ended up with 2 of the 75 records. That'll be my kids' college funds. J/K I'm not having any spawn.
We preferred hanging back. We stayed close to the beer trailer for most of the shows, although in this pic we had just gotten some Kokyu.

[Image: CpZUxIg.jpg]
This thread is musicy.
Went to Denver to see Murder by Death at The Stanley Hotel. Have to say, it was awesome. Everyone was wearing formal attire and, being a huge fan of the band, the show was just amazing. If Murder by Death comes to your town, definitely go catch them. One of my favorite bands around right now.

[Image: XbAbqQo.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's