Screensnark Forums

Full Version: 2016 Summer Olympics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: WILPX7K.jpg]

Let the Games begin! (If anybody actually plays in them or Rio finds a way to finish construction)
never mind the rio issues, Olympics have seem to run their course by now. between scandals, doping etc even I have lost interest over the last few of them.

n I used to like them a lot
I still enjoy the swimming and gymnastics. And that 16 year old female 400m hurdler will be a fun story to follow. She got killed by the 1st place American and barely beat by the 2nd place. But she's only 16. That's a cool story, bro.
That's what I enjoy the most about the Olympics, the back stories. When an unknown underdog wins a gold, they become a hero!

I might be in the minority, but I liked the Olympics when there weren't any professionals. Sure the Russians were pros, but that made beating them even sweeter.

Also, we're going to get an overdose of Mike Phelps in this one.
We had a local swimmer I've known since she was 5 just miss the cut for the 200 IM. She'll probably make it in 4 years. Pretty cool. It's been like Amanda Beard, except not as hot.
the stories are the things I dislike the most. they make me cringe. I'm sure every athlete has some story, but the ones in this country seem so blown out of proportion, embellished even, that when costas starts speaking with that somber tone w a tinge of hope to come... my gag reflex kicks in immediately
Oh yeah. As soon as I see Costas, I changed the channel.
"Hi I'm Bob Costas, I'm reporting to you live from my hospital bed in Rio where I'm being treated for the Zika Virus."
Which country gets Zika first?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's