Screensnark Forums

Full Version: 2016 Summer Olympics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(07-14-2016 02:10 PM)Phil Theehor Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2016 01:18 PM)}{arlequin Wrote: [ -> ]the stories are the things I dislike the most. they make me cringe. I'm sure every athlete has some story, but the ones in this country seem so blown out of proportion, embellished even, that when costas starts speaking with that somber tone w a tinge of hope to come... my gag reflex kicks in immediately

I go into full colon clench when I hear the first few keys of soft piano music.

I'd like NBC to split up the coverage into two feeds - one for sports and one for human interest vignettes. Run the sports on NBC Sports and the HumInt on NBC (or fucking Lifetime, where it belongs). It's 2016 and we have 500 channels plus the internet - why can't we make this happen.

Didn't NBC livestream everything last time? I thought they did?
was it on tv?

or we supposed to dig through internets?
(07-14-2016 02:49 PM)}{arlequin Wrote: [ -> ]was it on tv?

or we supposed to dig through internets?

Pretty sure it was streamed on the internet on NBC's Olympics coverage website.

There's also the possibility that it was the CBC. Canada has really good Olympics coverage and I prefer them for Winter games, so maybe it was that.

I can't imagine that the games won't be streamed live on the internet. That doesn't seem possible in 2016.
(07-14-2016 02:16 PM)Rover Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2016 02:10 PM)Phil Theehor Wrote: [ -> ]I go into full colon clench when I hear the first few keys of soft piano music.

I'd like NBC to split up the coverage into two feeds - one for sports and one for human interest vignettes. Run the sports on NBC Sports and the HumInt on NBC (or fucking Lifetime, where it belongs). It's 2016 and we have 500 channels plus the internet - why can't we make this happen.

Didn't NBC livestream everything last time? I thought they did?

Pretty sure they did, or most events, except for those to be televised on delay.

"full colon clench." awesome. soft piano and that ass hat's voice.
The French would not medal in the Dodge a Truck 1200M Individual.
Too soon. And you should have left out the "a" because we still would have got the joke.

I have a good one but I'm going to wait another week....
Pussy.
America is leading the world. We are awesome!
This guy? Not so awesome.

(07-11-2016 01:18 PM)}{arlequin Wrote: [ -> ]the stories are the things I dislike the most. they make me cringe. I'm sure every athlete has some story, but the ones in this country seem so blown out of proportion, embellished even, that when costas starts speaking with that somber tone w a tinge of hope to come... my gag reflex kicks in immediately

I agree 100%

Unfortunately....those stories are what draw the non-sports demographic which is bigger than the sports fan demo. In fact...most hard core sports fans I know can't even watch the Olympics because, like you and me, it makes us cringe.

My wife never watches sports unless I am. But she watches the Olympics...fucking hours of it all by herself.

Gramma, Aunt Bea, and Gay Men everywhere watch the olympics because of these stories. They pay the bills.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's