Screensnark Forums

Full Version: NCAA Men's Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just gotta say it's nice to see UCLA have some dominant players.
Lonzo Ball is so fun to watch. It's like Laker Showtime out there.
Leaf is a solid big man and also fun to watch him own the post.

Not a fan of Bryce Alford but this year he seems acceptable.

I know they've only played a couple of actual team in their first 13 games, but I'm excited to *expect* them to be a 1 seed come March.
When is Grayson Allen going to be kicked out of dook? What a little bitch.
I look at it differently. The guy is super-competitive, so competitive that when he gets beat he wants to lash out. You can rein that in but you can't teach that competitiveness. He's the guy that will save half the balls going out of bounds, or interfere with the easy lay up and cause the miss.

Give him 2 games and some lectures. It's not like he's throwing elbows into backs or flopping from no contact.

[EDIT: I mean, yes I agree he's a dick. But if he were on my team, then he'd be my dick and I could rein him in].
I think we'd all agree that the current college basketball scandal is the least surprising thing we'll learn this week - that agents, financial advisors and shoe companies buy athletes before they are supposed to and that many college programs and AAU coaches are corrupt as shit.

So, two takes:

1) I don't necessarily feel that this activity was threatening the safety of my family, my community and my country. I thought that the FBI was stretched too thin to track down every credible terror lead?

2) As an alumni of a big-time basketball school, I am holding my breath as the investigation continues. We've got four championships in the last 20 years and I always assumed that we ran a dirty-to-grey-area program - and were competing with dirty-to-grey-area programs.
So a vendor gives me Brewers/Packers/Bucks tickets and I stay with that vendor........I'm guilty of accepting a bribe?
Reference URL's