Screensnark Forums

Full Version: NBA OFFSEASON 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dude tried getting a ring in OKC, it didn't happen, so why are people so angry he left? Players legacies are based on rings won, nothing wrong with wanting one.
Because if you're the elite of the elite, you don't leave. If you're that good, help comes to you and you lead. That's why. You don't leave to sidekick it up.
(07-05-2016 05:21 PM)ADD Wrote: [ -> ]Because if you're the elite of the elite, you don't leave. If you're that good, help comes to you and you lead. That's why. You don't leave to sidekick it up.

This is 80s and 90s thinking.....sadly.
Bullshit. If "no one thinks that way anymore", explain all the media talking about how LeBron had to leave to win and now has come back to Cleveland, etc. It's tarnished. And I know the player couldn't care less, but that's not the issue.

Charles Barkley was killed when he forced a trade. Dwight Howard. LeBron going to Miami. Now KD. The best of the best piss on their own legacy when they leave THEIR team. Ring(s) or not. Even Karl Malone & Gary Payton got shit, and they were at the end of their careers.
(07-05-2016 12:40 PM)52.1 Wrote: [ -> ]Dude tried getting a ring in OKC, it didn't happen, so why are people so angry he left? Players legacies are based on rings won, nothing wrong with wanting one.

Did he really "try"? The second he was free to leave, he went to the team he and HIS team blew a 3-1 lead to. He got close and quit right away. That's not "trying". That's taking the easy way out.

Players legacies are based on far more than just rings.
This doesn't affect my opinion of KD at all. He was a free agent, he bought what GS was selling. And in two years time when he's a back-to-back defending champion, no one will care.
Ray Allen might be unretiring his mercenary for hire skills. I'm not sure what money Golden State has left for him.
(07-06-2016 12:07 PM)Rover Wrote: [ -> ]Ray Allen might be unretiring his mercenary for hire skills. I'm not sure what money Golden State has left for him.

His agent is reaching out to "elite" teams looking for the minimum or slightly above.
D-Wade goes home. 5 years too late.

Guess Miami shouldn't have kept screwing him on his contract.
Rajon and DWade together will be an interesting adventure in backcourts that can't shoot.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's