Screensnark Forums

Full Version: PC General Chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So my gaming rig I built in 2007 decided to electrocute itself. I had an issue where my monitor wouldn't turn on sometimes when I powered the computer on. About a month or so ago, I decided to try and fix it. What I figured was going on was that my video card wasn't properly powered by the power supply and not drawing the required amperage to get a signal out to the monitor in a timely manner. Upon closer inspection, this seemed to be the issue as only one of the dedicated PCI-E power lines were actually connected to the video card. The other power source was molex connectors connected to a 6-pin adapter. I rewired it so both PCI-E lines were connected, powered it up and heard several pops followed by a reboot loop. That was the end of that rig. In total, I fried some RAM, two hard drives and a 560ti.

The plan now is to build a totally new rig for me and then repurpose all my parts to build a more powerful console emulator rig and a rig for my girlfriend.
That would have made me sad.

But nice to have a solid excuse to start a new build.
Yeah, I was pretty bummed. It was a good machine.
Gotta love Logitech's 3 year warranty. Bought my G700 mouse 2 years and 10 months ago, started noticing random unintended double-clicks. Pretty sure the metal piece that actuates is warped. They're sending me a replacement G700s covered under the warranty. Hopefully they don't ask for my current G700 back and I can just fix it.
question; so I have a copy Microsoft Office 2013. My wife's work had a promo, we were able to download a copy for $10. I also paid an additional $10 for a CD. So, my new laptop doesn't have a cd/dvd player. How the hell do I get that hard disk copy transferred to my new laptop? I don't want to pay $200 for another copy.
I haven't seen the contents of an Office DVD since the early '00s but you should be able to just copy everything to a USB drive, plug it into your new laptop and run the installer.
Or you could torrent the software and then use the license key that came with the DVD to activate Office.
well I suck. I cannot over ride the stupid password protection. My desktop will not accept the username password combo so that I could share the drive and then access it from my laptop in the same network. Grrrrr.
Did you figure it out?
i took the one month free Office 365 and tabled it until I have time to work on it. So, no.

Nor can I even find the license key #. It didn't come with the disc that was mailed. It's probably only on some printout that I threw away a year ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's