Screensnark Forums

Full Version: The Travel Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So since I cancelled my trip to Sri Lanka, I now have $1800 credit on expedia through Air Canada. It says I have to book through Air Canada. And I have to use it before Oct. 23. But I have other travel plans this summer, so really I need to use it before May 4th.

I'm thinking of a two or three week trip starting in early April. Since I've been in the jungle and probably will be again, I decided I wanted a change in climate. So some places I'm thinking of now are Yukon, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, New Zealand. Iceland and New Zealand would be at the top of the list.

The problem is that none of the flights are more than about $1200 and I don't want any of the credit to go to waste. I could book two flights, but since I have to do it through Air Canada, I would have to get a round trip to, say, Reykjavik and back, and then another round trip to, say, Whitehorse.

I'm not sure what to do. Ideas?
Cancelled your trip to Sri Lanka, why? Was the threat of being kidnapped for ransom just too real?

Before reading your post, I was going to suggest Iceland just because if I could randomly go on a trip somewhere that would be my choice.

Istanbul or Tel Aviv (to go to Jerusalem) or Athens.
I cancelled the trip when I found a lump in my nut sack. I decided I should figure out what was going on there.
The doctor's? I think we're against that now.

I'd think about something Mediterranean. Maybe Morocco. Casablanca and Marrakech would be really interesting. I don't think there's been any travel advisories there since Libya revolted. Not that you seem to be too worried about traveling to countries with questionable safety.

It's certainly a completely different climate than a jungle.
iceland is a smart choice since they give you free layovers. maybe you could first head east, to scandinavia… check out some fjords, finland is cool too, etc and then on the way back you get to do iceland. off roading, hot springs, tons of hot blondes
upon re reading, i think you have to use icelandair for the free layover thing…
you could fly into chile, rent a camper van, and head south through patagonia. maybe get a flight in argentina back to rio for a few days. then head home.
He could just figure out a way to get as many layovers as possible and spend a week just traveling to airports around the world.
btw, 1800 isn't all that much for intercontinental flights these days. you might squeeze two out that amount
(01-27-2014 10:47 PM)}{arlequin Wrote: [ -> ]upon re reading, i think you have to use icelandair for the free layover thing…

Yeah, the problem is that I have to use Air Canada

(01-27-2014 10:51 PM)}{arlequin Wrote: [ -> ]you could fly into chile, rent a camper van, and head south through patagonia. maybe get a flight in argentina back to rio for a few days. then head home.

I'm hoping to be in South America later this summer, and I do want to try and get down to Patagonia.

(01-27-2014 11:02 PM)}{arlequin Wrote: [ -> ]btw, 1800 isn't all that much for intercontinental flights these days. you might squeeze two out that amount

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. Again, the problem with having to use Air Canada means I would most likely have to book two round trip tickets. And I'm not sure if I want to do that in the time frame I'm looking at.
Reference URL's